Prime rib of beef (Blonde d’Aquitaine breed) with Szechuan pepper
The Terressence pairs beautifully with an oven-roasted or wood-fired prime rib of beef. Here is my recipe:
- Preheat your oven to 100°C
- Make sure to season your prime rib with pepper before cooking. Tip: the pepper sticks to the meat better if you don’t add salt. For the record, you should never salt raw beef as this results in a loss of flavour.
- Add one tablespoon of neutral oil to your pan and bring to a high temperature.
- When the pan is very hot, brown the beef on all sides.
- Once your meat is nicely coloured, remove from the heat and transfer to an ovenproof dish.
- Place in the oven!
- Allow for around 40 to 45 minutes of cooking time for a 900g prime rib.