‘Tasting the Château Grand Chêne inspired me to come up with a dish based on the real star of Autumn, the pumpkin. A cream of pumpkin soup with whipped fresh goat’s cheese. We look forward to hearing your thoughts!’
Cream of pumpkin soup
- Fry the onion and pumpkin in olive oil
- Boil the pumpkin in chicken stock
- When the pumpkin is soft, run off the stock and keep to one side
- Blend the pumpkin and add back some of the stock if necessary (you can also add cream if desired)
Whipped fresh goat’s cheese
- Pour the double cream into a very cold bowl and whisk until firm
- Mash the goat’s cheese with the salt and pepper, mix into the whipped cream and set aside in the fridge.
- Pour the soup into pretty bowls, add a spoonful of the whipped goat’s cheese mixture on top and enjoy served with a glass of Château Grand Chêne Red!